Thursday, March 7, 2019
|Afternoon||Candidates arrive on campus
Check-in at Hyatt Place, maps (Bing, Google)
|7PM (tentative)||Dinner and welcome reception organized by current PhD students|
Friday, March 8, 2019
|8:30AM||Arrival and breakfast, Computer Science Department|
|9:30AM||Welcome, CS Chair Michael Franklin|
|10:00AM||PhD Program Overview, Dir. of Admissions Ben Zhao|
|10:30AM||Faculty Lightning Talks|
|11:00AM||Student Research Poster Session & Coffee|
|12:00PM||Catered lunch in Crerar, organized by research areas|
|1:30-4PM||Individual Faculty Meetings (schedule via Doodle Polls)|
|4:00PM||Pontarelli Shuttle pickup on Ellis Ave for dinner|
|5-6:30PM||Dinner in Lincoln Park|
|6:30-7PM||Arrival/Seating for Blue Man Group, Chicago|
|7-8:30PM||Blue Man Group performance|
|9PM -||Pontarelli Shuttle back to Hyatt Place, Hyde Park|
Saturday, March 9, 2019 (for female prospective PhD students)
|* Organized by UChicago CS & GWiCS Group|
|9:00-11:00AM||GWiCS Brunch, Promontory, Hyde Park|
Reimbursements and Logistics
- Please book your own flights, and UChicagoCS will reimburse you once you submit receipts.
- Visiting students will stay at the Hyatt Place - Chicago South. The CS department has booked a block of rooms for Thursday and Friday. nights. If you need to stay over Saturday night, please let Margaret know via email.
- If you are coming from a domestic location, we will reimburse your domestic airfare and incidentals.
- If you are coming from outside the United States, we will reimburse you for half of your roundtrip airfare. If you need additional coverage, please contact your faculty contact person or Prof. Ben Zhao.
- If you need a visa to visit the US, we strongly suggest you begin the application process ASAP, as it can take some time for processing. If you need a letter of support for visa purposes, please email Margaret Jaffey as soon as possible.
- If you have additional questions or concerns regarding travel or logistics, please contact Margaret Jaffey by email.
- Additional information and upload links for submitting reimbursements will appear here in late February.