Virtual Reality: A Faculty RoundtableReturn to Full Calendar
- November 8, 2019 at 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- John Crerar Library, Room 134
- Event Audience:
• Snow Yunxue Fu (New Media Art, NYU)
• Pedro Lopes (Computer Science, UChicago)
• Lisa Zaher (Art History, SAIC/UChicago)
Abstract: Virtual Reality: A Faculty Roundtable
Please join us on Friday, Nov. 8 from 6:30-8pm for an interdisciplinary conversation about the technological and aesthetic dimensions of virtual reality. The panel will take place in the Media Arts, Data, Design Center Seminar Room (JCL 134).
6:30pm -- panel start time
Acknowledgments & Introductions
7:00pm -- Conversation moderated by Sasha Crawford-Holland (see prompts below)
7:30pm -- Audience Q&A
8pm -- end of event
• Dinner will be made available at 6:15pm.
• Exhibition of Snow Yunxue Fu’s VR piece Karst from 5-9pm in adjacent VR space;
visitors are welcome to experience the work any time before or after the panel.
Sponsor: The Council on Advanced Studies, the Department of Cinema & Media Studies, and the Department of Computer Science
Host: The Digital Media and RAVE Workshops