UPDATE: sign up sheets for one-on-one meetings with faculty are now live here. All slots are open with no restrictions on sign-ups!
Thursday, March 7, 2019
|Afternoon||Candidates arrive on campus
Check-in at Hyatt Place, maps (Bing, Google)
|6PM||Dinner and welcome reception organized by PhD students (John Crerar Library, joint w/ TTIC) Hyatt shuttle will take students to campus in groups of 15. Plan to meet shuttle in lobby around 5:45PM. Prospective students can join any time after 6PM.|
Friday, March 8, 2019
|8:30AM||Arrival and breakfast, John Crerar Library
(Hyatt shuttle to campus in groups of 15)
|9:15AM||Welcome, CS Chair Michael Franklin|
|9:45AM||PhD Introduction, Janos Simon & Ben Zhao|
|10:00AM||Student Research Poster Session & Coffee|
|11:00AM||Open House for Labs, Research Clusters, Faculty
(Labs, Office Hours, details)
|11:00AM||Media Arts Data & Design (MADD) Open House|
|12:00PM||Catered lunch in Crerar, organized by research areas|
|1:00-3:30PM||Individual Faculty Meetings (sign-up here)|
|1:00-3:30PM||Campus Tours, leaving at 1PM and 2PM|
|4:00PM||Pontarelli Shuttle pickup on Ellis Ave for dinner|
|5-6:30PM||Dinner in Lincoln Park|
|6:30-7PM||Arrival/Seating for Blue Man Group, Chicago|
|7-8:30PM||Blue Man Group show|
|9PM -||Pontarelli Shuttle back to Hyatt Place, Hyde Park|
Saturday, March 9, 2019 (for female prospective PhD students)
|Organized by UChicago CS & GWiCS Group|
|9:00-11:00AM||GWiCS Brunch, Mesler Lounge, Hyde Park|
Reimbursements, Logistics and Notes
- New: Once you have collected all your receipts from your trip, please scan them into PDFs (you can use those mobile phone scanning apps), and upload them for reimbursement here. If you have issues, please email Margaret for help.
- Please book your own flights, and UChicagoCS will reimburse you once you submit receipts.
- Visiting students will stay at the Hyatt Place - Chicago South. The CS department has booked a block of rooms for Thursday and Friday nights. If you need to stay over Saturday night, please let Margaret know via email.
- If you are coming from a domestic location, we will reimburse your domestic airfare and incidentals.
- If you are coming from outside the United States, we will reimburse you for half of your roundtrip airfare. If you need additional coverage, please contact your faculty contact person or Prof. Ben Zhao.
- If you need a visa to visit the US, we strongly suggest you begin the application process ASAP, as it can take some time for processing. If you need a letter of support for visa purposes, please email Margaret Jaffey as soon as possible.
- If you have additional questions or concerns regarding travel or logistics, please contact Margaret Jaffey by email.
- UChicago virtual video tour, start with the point near Rosenwald Hall marked "Introduction."